Monday, March 5, 2012

Close up (sorta) of the clasp

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments on the bead soup jewellery! I had so much fun making those pieces - including the leather bracelet, which was a hilarious disaster. LOL

My picture taking ability is somewhat limited. I don't have an actual working camera, just my iphone. Sometimes I seem to be able to take a somewhat decent pic, most times not. They always look fine on the screen, until I bring it into photoshop elements - where I can see just how bad they are ;-)

 A few of you commented that you would like to see a close up of the clasp - Hopefully, this helps a bit. The picture still isn't great, but is much better than the last one.


I used a silvery nail polish, painting one section at a time. While the  polish is still wet, I brushed on the metalFX,
using a paintbrush. Once the polish is dry - the metalFX stays in place. For a more permanent (somewhat) finish - coat with a spray lacquer. 

I plan to do some more experimenting later this week with using clear nailpolish as a base. I think it will give a more subtle sheen.

No comments: